This election is a critical opportunity to raise the profile of climate action and make sure the next parliament represents the views of parents in NSW.
As a proudly non-partisan organisation, our goals surrounding the election are:
- to demonstrate strong community support for climate action ahead of the election,
- to persuade candidates on all sides to commit to a strong stance on climate, and;
- to educate the community on the issues of climate change and the position of candidates and their parties.
We are partnering with non-partisan community groups, including the Nature Conservation Council NSW, to run and promote key activities. And we’re inviting you to show election candidates that the parents of NSW want stronger climate action from all sides of politics.
- NSW is a national leader in investing in new renewable energy
- NSW has opened the way for all state schools to see solar and batteries installed
- NSW has a new climate action plan overseen by the state EPA
- NSW is pursuing more coal and gas mining, the leading drivers of climate destabilisation
- NSW continues to prioritise private transport over active transport opportunities
- Many NSW residents are living in poor quality housing stock, being left behind in the move to cheap clean energy solutions.
NSW could be a world leader in all forms of climate action. The time for action is now.
Get involved by taking one of these steps now:
Host a “Climate Action Now” sign in your neighbourhood:
Read and share our Where Do They Stand On Climate? guide for key parties and a selection of independents.
Write to your candidates, ask them for a meeting and deliver your concerns about climate action.
Did you know that NSW election voting is different from every other state? NSW uses optional preferential voting, so you are allowed to leave some boxes empty. But if ballot papers run out of numbers in the counting, they are “exhausted” and removed from the count. Our advice is for all voters to maximise the power of the vote. The key to remember is: Number every box, every box counts! Share this message on Facebook to increase the power of every vote.